my-starname follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like many other website, my-starname uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Google DoubleClick DART Cookie
Our Advertising Partners
Our Third Party Privacy Policies
Note that my-starname.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites. What Are Cookies?
Personal data handling
My-starname.com processes Personal Data as a Controller within the meaning of the GDPR. We view it as our responsibility to protect your privacy as much as possible.
Processing of your Personal Data
We process your Personal Data for the purpose of delivering our services/products. Among others, we may process the following Personal Data from you for this purpose:
1. name and address information
2. e-mail address
3. financial information, such as your bank account number
4. other Personal Data which you yourself mention in the given forms
5. telephone number
6. other Personal Data which you yourself post on your our site
The basis for such Processing is performance of the agreement which you have concluded with us.
We also process your Personal Data if you try to contact us through our contact form on the Website or through our emails. This enables us to respond to the questions you have. We process the following Personal Data from you for this purpose:
2. e-mail address
3. other Personal Data which you yourself mention in your message to us.
The basis for such Processing is a legitimate interest on our part, specifically, responding to the questions which you yourself ask us. Thus, we process the Personal Data concerned only to contact you in order to respond to your questions.
We do not retain your Personal Data for any longer than necessary for the aforementioned purposes for which we process it, unless we are required by law to do so. We apply the following specific retention periods:
1. For the purpose ‘Performance of agreement’, we might retain your name and address information, financial information and telephone number for a 20-year period after you placed your last order. For this purpose, there is no specific retention period for your e-mail address or other Personal Data which you yourself mention in the text card or post on your Unique Star Page.
2. For the purpose ‘Contact’, we might retain your Personal Data for a 5-year period after our last contact with you.
Sharing your Personal Data with third parties
In several cases, we need to share the Personal Data which we process from you with third parties. This pertains to the following situations:
1. in providing our services and delivering our products, for instance, if you opt for the recipient (a third party) to know from whom the gift came.
2. to fulfill the legal obligations which we have, such as notification to an authority
3. in engaging external suppliers (third parties), for example, our ICT supplier and hosting party.
If we use external suppliers and these parties process Personal Data for us, then we will conclude a GDPR-compliant data processing agreement with these parties. If these parties do not process Personal Data for us, then they themselves will be responsible for Processing this Data and will therefore be bound by the GDPR.
Security of your Personal Data
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to combat the misuse, loss, and unwanted disclosure of your Personal Data and unauthorized access and impermissible changes to this Data.
If you have questions about our securing your Personal Data or if you suspect misuse of your Personal Data, you can contact us through our emails and contact forms found in the site
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
my-starname.com does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.